Saturday, August 9, 2008

Welcome To My Blog!

Hello and welcome to my blog.  As a senior animation student I am charged with creating a thesis film before graduation.  Now that I am finally back home in the good old US of A I thought it would be a good idea to get some of the few things I have done up on this blog before school.  I have tried to remain motivated in these summer months and though I have been away working I have luckily been able to keep pen and paper around to get down some ideas.

My initial goals for the summer were research and maybe a little development.  While research was somewhat hard to come by while I was away I turned to more of the development of characters and story since I could easily do that without a computer.  Transitions between scenes and character motivations have been some of the first ideas I have dealt with.  Along with that I have tried to get some temp music going as my piece will rely on it to set the mood.  Heavy production will soon begin as school is only a couple weeks away and I hope to at least knock out some more visual style now that I am back home at my workstation.

My film is more of a visual music style of piece if I had to classify it.  It is a blend of pixelation and hand drawn characters set to a alternative music piece I am having my brother's band develop.  I really like the story I have set I just am tinkering with the motivation of the characters as well as the final direction I would like the film to take.  I really believe the music will be a huge part of the piece and hopefully in the coming week I will have a temp music file to put up on this blog.

Anyways, that is about it for now.  Thanks for visiting and hopefully as you check back I will have more positive updates.

No comments: